Services and solutions provided
Fabreeka International has been a leader in the field of shock and vibration control since 1936. The company provides vibration isolation and shock control solutions for industries worldwide.
Like many manufacturing and distribution companies of Fabreeka's size, the company has limited in-house resources to manage its IT. For well over a decade, Fabreeka relied on Miller Systems as a Managed Service Provider to manage its core information technology resources.
Several projects over the years have included:
- Connecting all worldwide offices together via VPN
- Integrating various systems after acquiring a new company
- Disaster Recovery and Data Protection
- Design and Implementation of core Microsoft Networking (Active Directory)
- Implementation of Group Messaging and Calendaring
- Consolidating Servers through virtualization
- Enabling and supporting Mobile Devices
- Endpoint Security Protection
- Ongoing MacOS and Windows desktop support
- Ongoing maintenance and upkeep of core server infrastructure
Technologies Implemented and Managed
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls and adaptive Security Appliances
- HP Switches
- DELL Desktops and Servers
- Microsoft Windows Server 2000-2008
- Citrix XenServer
- Microsoft Exchange Server Enterprise
- Microsoft Desktop OSes
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Symantec Endpoint Protection
- McAfee SaaS (formerly MXLogic)
- VaultLogix Data Protection
- Symantec Backup Exec
Fabreeka turned to Miller Systems for recommendations on the most cost-effective solutions for its overall needs.
Miller Systems acted as the outsourced IT department for Fabreeka for over ten years, providing the company with IT infrastructure consulting and implementation services to help streamline business processes, protect critical business information, stimulate workflow, and improve communications between manufacturing facilities and sales offices.
- Annual telecommunications expenses savings of over $14,000
- Centralized backups/data protection for core assets
Fabreeka's four North American facilities are now linked and able to share centralized client-server technology.
In the near future these seamless and secure links will also extend to Fabreeka’s European operations.
At the same time, by centralizing IT resources such as network backup, email and virus protection, Fabreeka was able to recognize significant software cost savings and streamline its IT staff responsibilities at each remote location.